Narendra Damodardas Modi was born on September 17, 1950 in Vadnagar,Gujarat to Damodardas Modi and Heeraben. When he was young, he used to run a tea stall on Ahmedabad station. Narendra Modi has introduced many yojnas in Gujarat belonged to a middle class family and they used to light kerosene lamp at night. When he was young, he got influenced by the RSS. He preferred solitude, sometimes he used to vanish somewhere for months together. Sources claim that once he went to the Gir forest and slept in a temple.
He joined the RSS in the year 1971. He used to prepare tea, breakfast etc. for his seniors.He also used to clean the building, which had nearly 9 to 10 rooms. He proved his calibre by performing unsafe secret tasks during the Emergency period of 1975 to 1977. Soon, he was successful in making his presence felt among his seniors in RSS. Earlier, he worked as a “pracharak” in BJP.
People were amazed when he assisted his party to win the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation election. Soon,he became the organising secretary of the BJP in Gujarat. He actively participated in Advani’s Rath Yatra. Later on, he also attended Murli Manohar Joshi’s “Ekta Yatra” to Srinagar.He became the chief minister of Gujarat in the year 2001. He lives in the hearts of the people of Gujarat which is proved when he was chosen for the third consecutive time. In the year 2002, he resigned because of Godhra riot, but soon he came back to power when he was re-elected in the state elections.
Narendra Modi has introduced many yojnas in Gujarat which are mentioned below:-
1) Balbhog Yojana which is a mid day meal project for students.
2) Kanya Kelavani Yojana for girls
3) Karmayogi Abhiyan for government employees.
4) Jyotigram Yojana to provide electricity in villages.
5) Beti Bachao Campaign
6) Matru Vandana for women and children health.
7) Chiranjeevi Yojana to minimise mortality rate among new borns
and many more.
When he became the C.M. of Gujarat, the economy of the state was not good. But he worked hard to revive the economy of the state and the state was successful in achieving the growth rate of 10 percent during his first term. Under his leadership, the state has won many awards like the Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management, UNESCO award to name a few. In the year 2006, he was adjudged “Best Chief Minister Of The Country”.
These lines best fits Narendra Modi, ” A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him” as quoted by David Brinkley.
Latest posts by StartupSuccessStories.com (see all)
- ONTHEGO acquires ZEMS Apparel as vertical integration acquisition strategy continues to bear fruit - June 5, 2019
- Zendesk Announces New Partnerships and Integrations for Sunshine CRM Platform - June 4, 2019
- Singapore-based Smart Wearables startup KaHa raises US$6.2M in Series B funding, expects to further scale its presence in Asia - May 20, 2019