Dubai based Venture Capital firm, Cocoon Ventures is hosting the World Startup Expo – a unique 3-day platform for startups, leading technology providers, investors, thought leaders and influencers.
Bangalore, August 08, 2016: World Startup Expo 2016, Asia’s largest congregation, aims to bring together the most happening and disruptive startups and SMEs, along with the expertise of executives from the top corporations, government agencies, incubators, investors, HNWIs, VC funds, banks, students and technology companies from across the world.
To maximize the platform, WSE 2016 will have four different streams running over three days. These include:
- WSE Exhibition: 10000 SQM exhibiting area with 500+ startups, technology companies, educational institutions, free trade zones and banks
- World Tech Hackathon: A coding challenge which will see participation from over 2000 students and corporates
- WSE Conference: A 2-day conference with high profile national and international speakers
- WSE Awards: An award ceremony acknowledging the work done by startups
The event sets the stage for a curated set of startups to present themselves in front of an audience comprising of investors, early stage adopters, mentors, potential co-founders and partners.
This event is being powered by Middle East based Venture Capital firm, Cocoon Ventures, who plan to bring a global network of investors to invest in India; thus aligning their mission with the government’s vision of making India a global manufacturing and investment hub
Key event highlights:
- A platform to showcase your brand, engage with startup gurus and collaborate with investors, technology providers and emerging entrepreneurs.
- An opportunity to win the regional cup to compete for US$ 1M at the Startup World Cup.
- A global convergence of over 50 confirmed partnerships from leading incubators, accelerators (public and private), associations and government bodies.
- A chance to be a part of the mentorship programme by Cocoon Ventures, leading to an opportunity to pitch your idea to global investors at the Investors Summit.
Trescon Global, a business events and consulting firm, is conceptualising and executing this massive undertaking.
Commenting on this initiative, Nebu K Abraham, co-founder and chief executive officer, Cocoon Ventures and director – World Startup Expo said, “The expo aims at connecting startups with national and global investors and startup gurus. It will serve as a common link merging the dynamic startup ecosystem, leveraging brands and empowering them to get financed.”
“We are positive that together we can nurture and strengthen the global startup ecosystem,” he added.
This event will be hosted at BIEC, Bengaluru from 21 – 23 Nov 2016. For more details, please visit – www.worldstartupexpo.com
For enquiries, please mail email@example.com
WSE is for everyone looking to learn, listen, and collaborate; to harness their creativity and find the tools and resources to bring their ideas to fruition. It is for those startups looking to build and expand their tribe.
About COCOON VENTURES
Cocoon Ventures is a venture capital firm that provides growth capital required for seed stage and early stage startups across a wide spectrum of industries. Set in the UAE, our mission is to be an ideal business launch pad through empowering dynamic entrepreneurship, creating and nurturing long-term business relationships.
For more details visit, http://cocoonventure.com/
Latest posts by StartupSuccessStories.com (see all)
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises®Announces Christie Brinkley Will Serve As Godmother To Seven Seas SplendorTM - December 6, 2019
- Bethereum Won SiGMA iGaming Best Startup 2019 - December 5, 2019
- London Ranks 1st for the 8th Consecutive Year among 48 cities in the Global Power City Index (GPCI) - December 5, 2019