START Global is the student association for entrepreneurship and technology at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) and has over the last couple of years become one of the leading initiatives for entrepreneurship and technology in Europe. The association is entirely run by students on an extracurricular basis and is supported by the HSG foundation as well as an internal fund, the START Fund. START Global organizes different events and activities among others START Hack and START Summit as flagship events.
The vision is to shape a new generation of entrepreneurs, who in a time of technological change face many challenges and to encourage them to overcome these challenges in an innovative and efficient way as well as using this opportunity through emerging technologies.
About START Summit:
START Summit is Europe’s leading student-led conference for entrepreneurship and technology with over 1500 participants from more than 50 different nations. START Summit differs from other conferences in the variety of participants, innovative event formats and a unique venue.
When: 24th/25th March 2017
Where: Olma Messen, St. Gallen
Focus Technologies: Blockchain, AR/VR, AI & IoT
Geographic Focus: DACH Region
Investors: 150 VCs/Corporate Ventures & Business Angels
Start-ups: 300 Early-Stage to Late Seed Start-ups
Corporates: 15+ innovative Corporates
Students: 800 Students (40%/60% Tech/Business)
START Summiteer is the most prestigious pitching competition at START Summit and gives the best 30 start-ups the possibility to present themselves over 3 rounds.
Each start-up participating at START Summit can apply and will receive the opportunity to pitch their idea/product in front of numerous investors. The winner of START Summiteer will receive a prize money of 10’000 CHF and plenty of fame.
Last year’s winner Gamaya and third place, ReActive Robotics, both received a Series A funding of over one million Swiss francs after START Summit 2016.
A Background Session is a round of discussion to a given topic (e.g. industry, technology, etc.) between 4-6 start-ups, one corporate, 1-2 mentors and an investor. This intimate atmosphere enables a discussion about business models, technological trends, industries and innovative proposals for solutions. In the foreground is the transfer of knowledge between established businesses and start-ups.
Keynote highlights from the last years:
• Bibop G. Cresta, COO Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Inc
• Ohad Plotnik, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft
• Patrick Warnking, General Manager Google Switzerland
• Alexander Kudlich, Managing Director Rocket Internet
• Klaus Hommels, Co-founder & CEO Lakestar
• Anat Bar-Gera, Co-Founder YooMee Africa
• Jose Louis Cordiero, Futurist Singularity University
Social Media Presence
• Join us @START_Summit 2017! #start-ups #innovation #technology #entrepreneurship #STARTSummit
• @START_Summit 2017 – a must for young entrepreneurs #getyourticket #startupconference #technology #innovation
• We are excited to announce our #mediapartnership with @START_Summit! #bewhereinnovationhappens #joinstartsummit
• We are happy to announce our media partnership with START Summit! See you @START Summit on 24th/25th of March 2017!
• Follow us @START Summit 2017 and get an exclusive and unlimited coverage!
• We are looking forward to the @START Summit 2017 in St. Gallen! Be part of a unique experience and meet students, start-ups and investors from all around Europe. A must event for all entrepreneurs looking for something new.