Arvind Kejriwal was born on 16th Of August 1968 in Hisar(Haryana) to Gobind Ram Kejriwal and Gita Devi.He graduated from IIT Kharagpur. After completing his graduation, he got employed with Tata Steel. After few years, he left the job and started preparing for the civil Services. He cleared the exam and joined the Indian Revenue Services. He started working in the Income Tax Department in New Delhi. Soon he resigned from their also and started a Non Governmental Organization named “Parivartan”. It was constituted in order to make the nation bribe-free. His organization was successful in eliminating several issues of the people relating to the perverted system. He materialized the Right To Information Act(RTI) and it is because of him that today everyone knows about RTI. He was felicitated with the Ramon Magsaysay Award in the year 2006 for his efforts in removing corruption. He is very active in participating for various social cause. He is also well known for his efforts towards the application of Lok Pal Bill alongwith Anna Hazare, who is another popular social figure.
Arvind Kejriwal is married to Sunita who is an IRS officer. They have two children, a daughter and a son. His recent success in the Delhi Legislative Assembly Election, 2013 was not a cakewalk and it was the result of his hard labour which he invested for it. He formed the Aam Aadmi Party(AAP) in the year 2012. His book named “Swaraj” was published in the year 2012.
There are many reasons for the success of AAP. Some of which are as follows:
1) He selected only those candidates for his party, who had a clean image. He made their details available online for the public.He requested people to give their valuable inputs on a helpline and assured them to expel those candidates for whom there is any solid proof of any wrongdoing. And he kept his word when there were controversies about some of the key candidates of his party and they were restored only when they were given a clean chit.
2) People were fed up with the policies of the ruling Congress party and wanted a breath of fresh air. Hence they voted whole-heartedly for the Aam Aadmi Party.
We can learn from the life of Arvind Kejriwal that if a person is honest in his deeds then he can topple even the mighty opposition.
Latest posts by StartupSuccessStories.com (see all)
- India’s biggest and one of Asia’s Top 5 investment incubators, Venture Catalysts enters UK with JPIN to build the largest Euro-Asian corridor of angels - February 25, 2019
- Economic reports ahead of AIM Startup 2019 in Dubai – Startups and SMEs as drivers of economic growth in the coming years - January 23, 2019
- 5 Lessons An Entrepreneur Can Learn From Sports - January 11, 2019