Farewell to traditional carpenters! Wooden Street launches India’s 1st online custom furniture store

Online Indian Furniture Industry

With the huge demand & sales of furniture in the recent times, it is a major resultant of growth within the online Indian furniture industry. Anything that causes consumers comfort increases the possibility of great demand for buying. Similarly, the online furniture market has experienced massive trends within a short span of 2015.

Likewise, currently, the Indian furniture sector attributes about 0.5 % of the total GDP (Gross Domestic Product). On the other hand around an approx. the figure of 85% is listed as unorganized sector. While the remaining 15 % accounts of large manufacturers.

As the furniture sales continue to increase, the online industry shall continue to improve & welcome unique and unrestricted ideas into the year 2016.

Following a famous saying “Home is where the heart is”, it is indeed a must to select best-fit interiors & furniture for your home. With the dominant online furniture stores such as Urban Ladder, Fabfurnish & Pepperfry Indian consumers got an opportunity to explore the variety of ready to order furniture under a single umbrella.

Many startups entered the competition yet sustaining their business models seemed difficult due to lack of innovation in their concepts, which consumers were looking forward to.

Eliminating such cases from the race is when “Wooden Street” launched India’s first online custom furniture store in, May 2015.

About the Venture

Wooden Street

Wooden Street the online custom furniture store offers an optimal solution to re-design homes with the best value for money. The customization process is all about your personal choices that allow you to welcome a furniture piece of your taste, style & preferences. The customization concept is perfect for any space and matches with the quality of high-end construction. It ensures to enhance the beauty of even the simplest of interiors while you could add your personal touch.

With drawn expertise from the various backgrounds of Management, Information Technology & the core furniture Industry, the startup was co-founded by Lokendra Ranawat, Dinesh Pratap, Virendra Singh & Vikas Baheti.
Heading their operations in the month of June 2015, the founding team mentors dedicated 30+ resources across various activities like designing, prototyping, sourcing, order management and sales. Currently, the operations run from multiple offices located in Jaipur, Jodhpur & Udaipur. With warehouses in locations from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai & Pune.

Create your very own Furniture Masterpiece

Wooden Street’s custom to order process is very user-friendly enabling every consumer to customize their request in simple three stages.

• Sharing the Idea/Concept – A customer could fill in their custom request via the request form available on the website or can even discuss the requirements over a phone call or What’s app with their furniture experts. The team understands the specifications & further a free consultation is given that are perfectly tailored to suit your needs.

• Giving Shape to your Ideas – With an in-house team of furniture designers, the idea is further converted into a workable 3D design for modifications & approval. Upon customer approval the manufacturing begins followed by multiple quality checks.

• On-Time Delivery & Installation – Upon completion of each consignment, it is delivered to the respective location with free Installation services.

Challenges Ahead

challenges for furniture industry
Farewell to traditional carpenters! Wooden Street launches India’s 1st online custom furniture store

The primary challenge, the startup could face in the upcoming furniture journey of theirs would certainly be of the logistics. It is uncertain to predict any environmental factors that could again linger on the promised delivery dates. However, this remains a common issue shared between the startup & top players in the online furniture industry.

What’s Next?

lokendra ranawat

The startup remains a bootstrap yet has gone a long way within seven months of their operations. With a current Facebook fan following of 47+ k, the firm has successfully completed 400+ custom orders. So far they have driven 1 lakh unique visitors on their website.

Their business model that emerged with a focus on differentiation would strongly provide value to customers through a superior user experience.

Also, enlisted among top best startups of 2015 at Yourstory’s Techspark Rajasthan & IIT Bombay’s SINE event, the participation itself speaks of the greater potential and the capacity to accept challenges the firm beholds.

The Indian e-retailing journey comprises of challenges, excitement & rewards. What every startup should focus on is to set benchmark for the upcoming players, which shall enable introduction of new concepts & innovation within the online furniture industry.

Comments

comments

test